Student Representative Council 2018
Captains, Representatives and Office Bearers 2018
Being selected as a member of the Student Representative Council (SRC) is a significant achievement. There are representatives from each of the year groups and Year 12 students are responsible for particular portfolios that include; The Arts, Music, Sport, Christian Ministry and House. There are also special roles of Academic Captains, Student Community Captains, Deputy Head Boy and Deputy Head Girl and the Head Boy and Head Girl.
The selection process for all SRC members takes place at the end of Term 3 and students are ‘in office’ until the end of Term 3 the following year. Students are elected based on staff recommendation; this includes the Pastoral Care Advidsor (PCA), House Coordinators and Year Coordinators, as well as a student vote. Upper school students also undergo an interview in order to select the best candidate for the various roles within the SRC.
Current Year 7 students will be selected in Term 2 2018.
In order to be eligible as a member of the Student Representative Council, a student must satisfy the following criteria:
- Positive attitude towards the College.
- Commitment to the College Mission Statement.
- Attendance and support of College functions, e.g. Athletics Carnivals, House Activities, etc.
- Complies with uniform and grooming standards.
- Good school record.
- Polite to teachers and students.
- Good communication skills. (e.g. with staff, students, public speaking, presenting ideas)
- A sense of responsibility.
- High level of motivation.
- Sound organisational skills.
- Cooperation and teamwork skills.